Sunday, August 23, 2009

Older Doesn't Mean Wiser: A Mix for Dustin

Alright! So! Here's my first posted project. This was a mix I made for my friend and band mate Dustin way back in December of last year:


This is a leaf I picked up off the sidewalk in Chicago last fall while we were all hanging out. I pressed it and then hand-sewed it to the front page.

I took two postcards to use as the front and back covers of the booklet. I had just finished reading How to Make Books and so was inspired to learn how to do this simple book binding stitch. I used vintage carpet thread I had laying around. The booklet is made of vintage paper, typed up on my '58 Royal Typewriter.



Here's the cover made out of the vintage post card and a page torn from an old hymnal.

I was really proud of this mix... it's one of my best, I think. Sometime I'll do a top five mixes of all time... This one is definitely on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment